The SURJ Families Zine: Families Taking Action for Racial Justice is by and for actual families and caregivers who are working for racial justice -- coming as we are. It's a mix of practical tips and creative works that we hope inspire and support you and your family in taking collective action for racial justice. Pieces include:
- Tips on making it through a racial justice meeting with a toddler
- A letter to use with your children's teacher to discuss racial justice themes around Thanksgiving
- Tools people without families can use to make racial justice meetings more accessible to families
- Legal advice about risking arrest at a protest as a parent (will it impact my custody battle?) and,
- Many inspiring pieces of creative art and writing, capturing the challenges and beauty of working for racial justice as a parent.
If you're interested in this zine & want to be invited to a call with contributors, please share a little information with us here.
- Order a hard copy of the zine and/or donate so that poor, working class and/or rural families can get hard copies for free at http://surjfamilies.bigcartel.com/
- Download the free PDF here. SURJ Zine: Families Taking Action for Racial Justice
- If you are poor, working class, and/or rural, you can request printed zines free of cost by emailing email@example.com
- A text version that is more accessible for people using screen readers is coming soon here: http://bit.ly/SURJFamilyZine2017
For more resources like this and to join the conversation with other SURJ Families, join our SURJ Family Facebook group: http://bit.ly/SURJFamiliesFacebookGroup